Groups and Weddings
We have hosted many groups and small intimate wedding parties in Sunnybank House. The properties and location are ideal for such events. A combination of all four properties can accommodate up to 45 guests.
Sunnybank House can accommodate up to 24 guests and has spacious living room areas which can host up to 45 guests for a buffet dinner. The Lodge, which is the nearest property to the main house can accommodate up to 8 guests and the gates between the two properties can be opened so that guests from the Lodge can enjoy the grounds of the main house also. Sunnybank cottage is located in its own grounds approx. 30 seconds walk from the pedestrian gateway to the main house and can accommodate up to 6 guests. The Seaside cottage can accommodate upto 9 guests and is seven minutes drive from the main house.
Wedding parties can book the main house (and additional properties if necessary), for accommodation only or to host the main event also. There is both a Catholic and Church of Ireland church within walking distance of the house or the option of a civil ceremony in the nearby Abbeyglen Castle, which is 5 mins. walk from the main house on the Sky road.
The advantage of booking private rental properties for your wedding is that you are free to organise your big day as it suits you and your guests.
Examples of previous wedding party arrangements
- Wedding party stayed throughout all four properties for a week, wedding ceremony held in a beautiful small church in Ballinahinch, and the party returned to the main house for a buffet supper organised by outside caterers.
- Wedding party stayed in the main house for a long weekend, and a civil ceremony was held in a nearby hotel. A fork supper followed by a party in a local traditional pub with local musicians and band.
- Wedding party stayed in all four properties for four nights. The blessing took place on the spectacular Omey Strand (10 mins drive), and returned to the main house for drinks around the pool followed by a buffet and music by a local Jazz band.
- Family reunions- including a special birthday or anniversary, where dinner is cooked by a local chef. You can book tours of Connemara and beyond organised using a local guide and evenings spent either eating in or in town listening to live traditional music played in the local pubs.
- Birthday parties – incorporating a friends weekend away where you can cook yourselves or book the snug in the local pub for great bar food, wine and guinness. Birthday cakes can be pre – ordered with our local chef or from Walsh’s bakery in Clifden.
- Pre – wedding weekends incorporating activities at the Killary Adventure centre or Delphi Lodge, followed by dinner in the house, BBQ by the pool or one of the restaurants within 2 mins. walk of the house.
- Golfing groups – playing on the various championship courses within one hours drive, followed by dinner in house or in town.
- Christmas & New Year – ideal for a family or friends christmas away from home. You arrive to a warm and cosy house with the fires blazing and Christmas tree ready for christmas morning. A magical time of year in Connemara.